Help Center (“the App”) helps to build attractive FAQ’s page and Help Desk for ticketing service (emails, live chat and social chat) (“the Service") for on-line store to merchants who use Shopify to power their stores.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we collect may contain Staff User’s and Customer User’s personal data.
When you install the App, to ensure Service delivery we are automatically able to access certain types of information about your shop from your Shopify account:
- Shopify domain,
- Primary domain,
- Shop’s email address
- Shop’s owner email address,
- Shop’s country code,
- App’s installment and uninstallment dates
- FAQ page text info:
- Titles of the sections,
- Content of the sections,
- Category names.
Additionally, for Service delivery purpose upon your visit to our website, we automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address and potentially other unique device identifiers (for example, if you are using a phone with iOS or Android installed), Internet browser type and language, information about any website that referred you, the date/time of your visit, and any search keywords. We refer to this information collectively as “Device Information.”
In order to ensure network and information security, and to identify and resolve product defects we log IP and device information in logs which are kept secure and limited to no more than 60 days and securely deleted thereafter. This log information is subject to restricted access and not used with any other identifying information to identify or otherwise track Staff User’s and Customer User’s behaviour and is not shared with any third parties and is not used otherwise for the purposes of general analytics or marketing.
After new Help Center app’s service (Help Desk) launch, specifically for Help Desk – ticketing service delivery (emails, live chat, social chat) and integration with Shopify “Orders" part we’ll access and store the following information:
- For Help Desk ticketing account creation, we will collect your full name, email address, IP address, and company information. Also collect similar data of other Staff Users added by you, as a store owner, who will work with customers’ requests (tickets) to provide support service to your Shopify store’s end-users via email, live and social chat channels. Help Center app records and tracks login information and usage data for Staff Users for purposes of providing certain analytics and reporting features to other Staff Users within the same Help Center app’s account, related to Help Desk ticketing service provision.
- For ticketing service provision and your customer support agent’s work, subject to your authorisation we also receive and store information you provide to us about your customer: customer names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, customer’s “Orders" information and “Order" status on your Shopify store. It covers data forwarded from emails or data synced from third party integrations initiated by you, as a store owner.
WE COLLECT DEVICE INFORMATION USING THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES:
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, also allows you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in different ways.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Personal Information we collect from you and your customers in order to provide the Service and to operate the App.
Additionally, we use this Personal Information to:
- To communicate with you,
- To optimize or improve the App,
- To provide merchants with information or advertising related to our products or services,
- To provide reporting and analytics,
- To help merchants find and integrate with apps through our app store
- To provide troubleshooting, support services or to answer questions,
- To prevent risk and fraud on our platform,
- To test out features or additional services,
- To ask for ratings and/or reviews of services,
- To improve our services applications and website.
Help Center app will never provide or sell your information (and your customer end-user Information) to any third party not related with Help Center, except as permitted by law and except as written within this Policy bellow.
We will only send personal information about you and your customers to other companies or people if we need to share your information to provide the products or services you have requested.
Help center app will send personal information about you and your customers to other companies or people if:
- We have your permission (consent) to share the information;
- We need to share your information based on our contractual commitment to provide the services you have requested, such as in the case of a third party integration, to our contractors who are bound by written obligations of confidentiality;
- We need to send the information based on our legitimate interest to ensure due Service delivery, to companies who work with Help Center app to provide FAQ and Help Desk ticketing services to you, such as hosting companies or service providers which provide infrastructure for Help Center app services.
- We reserve the right to disclose any information app collects in connection with the Service, without further notice to you (1) to any successor to Help Center business as a result of any merger, acquisition or similar transaction and (2) to any law enforcement or regulatory authority to the extent required by law or if disclosure is necessary to investigate fraud or any threat to the safety of any individual, to protect our company legal rights or to protect the rights of third parties.
POSSIBILITY TO ACCESS AND UPDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can update your Personal Information by using the profile editing tools on the Help Center app and your Shopify account. Please contact us sending email to email@example.com and we’ll react to your request to review or delete Personal Information held in our database. We will delete your Personal Information of Staff User and Customer User following a receipt of notice from Shopify about you deleting the App was uninstalled or removed from your e-store. Help Center app has the right to verify your identity in order to provide such request.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use a range of third parties to assist in providing our Services. They provide cloud hosting and storage services; content delivery and review services; assist in providing customer support; as well as incident tracking, response, diagnosis and resolution services: Google, Zendesk, MailerLite, Algolia, Amazon.
Additionally, we may share your Personal Information with vendors we use to send our marketing materials and to conduct our advertising campaigns (including behavioural advertising as described bellow).
We may also release your Personal Information:
- In responding to a lawful request or legal process, or otherwise to comply with laws or regulatory requirements,
- To protect the rights and property of our company, Shopify, our agents, customers.
We do our best to protect all user information as well as the privacy of your account. In addition to setting a strong password and taking the necessary steps to prevent unauthorized account access, you should be always aware of the types of information being passed to us. We cannot guarantee absolute security as the Internet is never entirely secure. Unauthorized entries, network vulnerabilities, hardware/software failure and other external factors may compromise your Personal Information.
You may alter, add, or delete your Personal Information at any given time by accessing your account settings. This includes but not limited to your full name, email address, company name, billing information, profile photo, etc. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to correct, update, or delete or whenever applicable law so entitles you to restrict or to object processing our record of your Personal Information and to withdraw consent which you have previously granted.
You always have the freedom to choose what information remainis disclosed to us. Keep in mind however that Service delivery require your Personal Information. You may add, update, and or delete information you or your service provider (Shopify-supported store operator) have disclosed to us by contacting us. Please note that we may retain some information following the end of Personal Information retention period for internal use but never in a way that will be personally identifiable. In addition, if we obtain a request from an identified user who wishes to obtain access to delete their Personal Information then whenever required under the law we will do so with notice to the accounts that are associated with that user.
We comply with all privacy legislation throughout the world, including the GDPR legislation in Europe.
BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING AND YOUR ONLINE CHOICES
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to serve you with marketing or advertising, including through targeted advertisements. For more information about targeted or behavioural advertising, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. If you would like to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for purposes of targeted advertising, please use the opt-out portal of the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info) or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/).
RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. If you are a merchant that uses the Service please reach out to us using the contact information below. If you are a buyer and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the merchants you interacted with directly — we serve as a processor on their behalf, and can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond.
If you wish to file a complaint relating to use of our services, you can reach out to us using the contact information below. You can also file a complaint with an applicable data protection authority.
ACCURACY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do our best to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your Personal Information changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contacts provided below:
Daugavpils, LV 5410 Latvia