Welcome! Thank you for your interest in submitting a guest post to the HelpCenter blog. We are happy to have you here and can’t wait to collaborate to achieve the best possible results!
HelpCenter is one of the leading customer service apps on Shopify with more than 55 000 stores already enjoying the benefits that it brings.
Since we started our blog in 2020, we’ve been rapidly growing thanks to posting regularly and some other magic tricks (okay okay, it’s just hard work and years of experience that got us here...).
We’re now looking for dedicated writers who would like to share their knowledge with our readers, helping first-starters to begin their e-commerce journeys while also providing some fresh and valuable insights for those who are already on their way.
We have some rules though, so please read our guest blogging guidelines carefully - they should answer most of the questions you might have.
What kind of guest articles we are happy to publish?
The type of the article is not our main focus. We are happy to read various guest posts as long as they are well-written, provide a unique approach, are data-driven, and revolve around the topics related to our industry.
So whether it is a listicle, how-to guide, case study, examples/templates, your opinion, or anything else you can come up with, we will still be glad to consider publishing it on our blog.
What should you write about?
When choosing your topic, keep the context and our audience in mind. Those are the people working in e-commerce, dealing with customer service challenges daily, and using Shopify to accomplish their goals.
Hence, they are the ones you should be talking to, so think about what this specific group of people would find interesting to learn. Here are some suggestions that will hopefully nudge you in the right direction:
- E-Commerce and Shopify (e. g. trends, tips and tricks, tools).
- Customer service and customer support (e. g. ways to improve, benefits, changing expectations).
- Customer engagement/satisfaction/experience (e. g. how to achieve, challenges, why does it matter).
Give your topic a twist. There are so many articles that talk about the same things so try to make yours unique. This will increase your chances of getting published.
P.S. Before submitting your article:
1) Make sure we haven’t covered that specific topic in our blog already;
2) Please send us your topic ideas, target keywords, and a short pitch to make sure we’re in sync. Make it brief but intriguing.
A few examples:
Content requirements for guest posts
- Keep it simple yet professional - write in a friendly tone, use clear language, vary the length of sentences, avoid passive voice, and watch out for typos and grammatical errors (we’re very serious about this one).
- Provide original content - we will only accept articles that haven’t been published elsewhere. Also, we don’t allow it to be republished on your own blog or other blogs afterward (sharing on social media is OK).
- Write to provide value - focus on passing some new and interesting information rather than just writing for the sake of it.
- Think about structure - use introduction to grab reader's attention, use H2, H3, bullet points, and keep the paragraphs short (around 4 lines) for better readability. Remember that conclusion is a part of the post for a reason - finish your article on a strong note.
- Take advantage of data, use facts and examples - it will show the readers that you take it seriously while also improving the value of your guest blog post.
- Sources - make sure to give credit to those who own the data that you use. Avoid using data that is older than 3 years.
- Avoid promotional content - we will not publish anything that directly promotes your products or services.
- Stay consistent - please take a stroll through our previous articles and try to keep up with the blog style.
- Put some thought into the post title - avoid clickbait but keep it interesting. When submitting your post, please provide at least 3 different title options to choose from.
- Post length - our posts are around 1500 words on average, so that is what we also expect from you.
Visuals are appealing so spend some time choosing the right pictures that can illustrate your article. Use high-resolution images and include them in your post in full-size.
You can use screenshots, draw schemes, post infographics, or take advantage of free stock photos. Please do not use any material that may be subject to copyright.
Besides linking to quality sources, we also allow 1 dofollow link to your own site (non-promotional - try to include it naturally).
Adding appropriate links to our previous blog posts will definitely be appreciated.
We value your effort and want our readers to know you better. Include a short description of your previous experience, what you do, or what you’re passionate about (those are just a few suggestions, it’s up to you!).
How to submit a guest post?
- Contact us to agree on a topic (send us a short pitch and your target keywords);
- Write your article following these guidelines;
- Edit and double-check. Then check again;
- Send us your post via Google Docs;
- Wait for our feedback.
What to expect next?
- Agreeing on a topic is not a guarantee that we will publish your guest post. We reserve the right to reject a guest post that does not meet our quality standards.
- We might send you some suggestions if we see that there’s still place for improvement.
- It might take up to two weeks to hear from us. Stay patient.
Let’s get in touch! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: GUEST POST PITCH), pitch your topic ideas and include target keywords. Good luck!